Egg and Tuna Salad is a classic and satisfying dish that’s perfect for a quick and nutritious meal. Packed with protein and flavor, it can be enjoyed as a sandwich filling, a topping for crackers, or a side salad. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a delicious and creamy Egg and Tuna Salad that’s sure to become a favorite in your household.
Tips for Making Perfect Egg and Tuna Salad:
- Use high-quality canned tuna for the best flavor and texture.
- Adjust the amount of mayonnaise and mustard to your preference. You can add more for creaminess or less for a lighter salad.
- Feel free to customize the salad with additional ingredients like chopped bell peppers, fresh herbs (parsley or dill work well), or a dash of hot sauce for extra flavor.
- Serve the salad as a sandwich, in a lettuce wrap, or on a bed of mixed greens for a low-carb option.
How To Make Egg and Tuna Salad
Classic Egg and Tuna Salad Recipe
For the Salad:
- 2 can (5 ounces each) of canned tuna, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Bread or crackers
- Start by preparing the hard-boiled eggs. Place the eggs in a saucepan, cover them with water, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 9-12 minutes. Then, transfer the eggs to an ice bath to cool. Once cooled, peel and chop them.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained canned tuna, chopped hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped celery, red onion, and dill pickles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard until well combined.
- Pour the mayonnaise and mustard mixture over the tuna and egg mixture. Gently stir to coat all the ingredients evenly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When ready to serve, line a plate or platter with lettuce leaves. Spoon the Egg and Tuna Salad onto the lettuce leaves.
- Serve the salad with sliced tomatoes and your choice of bread or crackers.
Egg and Tuna Salad is a versatile dish that’s ideal for picnics, lunches, or a quick dinner. Enjoy its creamy and savory goodness!