Egg-Stuffed Tomatoes are a unique and delicious way to enjoy eggs and fresh tomatoes. This simple yet elegant dish features juicy tomatoes filled with a mixture of eggs, herbs, and cheese, baked to perfection. It’s a great option for a weekend brunch or a light dinner, and it’s sure to impress your guests.
Tips for Making the Perfect Egg-Stuffed Tomatoes
- Choose ripe but firm tomatoes for this recipe to ensure they hold their shape during baking.
- Carefully hollow out the tomatoes, removing the seeds and pulp to create a cavity for the egg mixture.
- Season the egg mixture with your favorite herbs and spices for added flavor. Some popular options include basil, oregano, and thyme.
- Be sure not to overcook the Egg-Stuffed Tomatoes, as this can cause the eggs to become rubbery.
- Serve the Egg-Stuffed Tomatoes with a fresh salad or crusty bread for a complete and satisfying meal.
How To Make Egg-Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).Cut off the tops of the tomatoes, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp, creating a tomato shell. Place the hollowed-out tomatoes in a greased baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and season them with salt and black pepper. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and basil.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the tomato shells, filling each one about 3/4 full.
- Drizzle the stuffed tomatoes with olive oil, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg filling is set and the tomatoes are tender. Allow them to cool slightly before serving.