Egg and Zucchini Fritters are a simple, delicious, and versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They’re a fantastic way to incorporate healthy vegetables into your meal while still enjoying a tasty and satisfying dish. These fritters are easy to make and require only a few basic ingredients, making them perfect for busy weeknights or a relaxing weekend brunch.
Tips to ensure your Egg and Zucchini Fritters turn out perfectly:
- Removing excess moisture: Make sure to properly drain and squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the grated zucchini. Excess moisture can make the fritters soggy and difficult to cook properly. Using a clean kitchen towel or multiple layers of paper towels can be effective in removing the moisture.
- Seasoning: Adjust the seasoning to your taste. You can experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own unique flavor combinations. Some options include adding cumin, paprika, or red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Consistency: If your batter seems too wet or runny, you can add a bit more flour to achieve the desired consistency.
How To Make Egg and Zucchini Fritters
Egg and Zucchini Fritters – A Healthy and Tasty Twist on a Classic Dish
- 2 cup grated zucchini (about 2 medium zucchinis)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tsp olive oil, for frying
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, allowing the zucchini to release some of its moisture.
- After 10 minutes, use a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated zucchini, flour, Parmesan cheese, eggs, green onions, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into the hot oil, gently flattening each fritter with the back of a spoon. Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the cooked fritters to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Repeat the process with the remaining zucchini mixture, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
- Serve the fritters warm, with sour cream or Greek yogurt for dipping, if desired.
Egg and Zucchini Fritters are a delightful and healthy dish that’s perfect for any meal of the day. Packed with nutritious zucchini, eggs, and flavorful ingredients, these fritters are a tasty way to add more vegetables to your diet. Easy to prepare and customizable with your favorite herbs and spices, Egg and Zucchini Fritters are sure to become a family favorite in no time.