Are you tired of your usual deviled eggs and looking for a spicy twist to add excitement to your next gathering or brunch? Look no further! Introducing Eggs Diablo, a fiery and flavorful spin on traditional deviled eggs that are sure to be a hit. Packed with bold flavors, these spicy stuffed eggs are the perfect appetizer or side dish for any meal. In this post, we will guide you through the process of making Eggs Diablo, including detailed nutrition information, prep and cooking time, and handy tips to make it a successful and delicious experience.
Tips to Make the Perfect Eggs Diablo:
- Use fresh eggs: Fresh eggs will not only taste better but will also be easier to peel after boiling. Check the expiration date on your carton to ensure you’re using the freshest eggs possible.
- Boil eggs properly: To avoid overcooked, rubbery eggs, bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, gently lower the eggs in, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 12-14 minutes and then immediately transfer the eggs to an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Use a ziplock bag for filling: To make filling the egg whites a breeze, transfer the yolk mixture to a ziplock bag and snip off one corner. Then, pipe the filling into the egg whites for a clean, professional look.
- Adjust the spiciness: Feel free to adjust the level of heat in the recipe by adding more or less hot sauce or using milder or spicier peppers. You can even offer a variety of spice levels to cater to your guests’ preferences.
- Make-ahead convenience: Prepare the Eggs Diablo a day in advance and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will save you time on the day of your event and allow the flavors to meld together for an even tastier treat.
How To Make Eggs Diablo
Eggs Diablo – Spice Up Your Life with These Delicious Stuffed Eggs!
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (such as Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives or green onions for garnish
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover them with cold water by an inch. Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the eggs for 12-14 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and cold water. Once the eggs are cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to the ice bath to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooled, peel them and slice them in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the yolks and place them in a medium bowl. Set the egg whites on a serving platter.
- Mash the yolks with a fork until smooth. Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder to the yolks. Mix until well combined. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Use a spoon or a piping bag with a small tip to fill the hollowed-out egg whites with the yolk mixture. Alternatively, you can transfer the yolk mixture to a ziplock bag, snip off one corner, and pipe the filling into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the stuffed eggs with chopped chives or green onions for garnish. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy your spicy Eggs Diablo!
Eggs Diablo is a fantastic way to add some heat and excitement to your appetizer or side dish repertoire. With these tips and the detailed recipe provided, you’ll be well on your way to creating a spicy and delicious dish that will have your friends and family raving. Enjoy!