Lemon sorbet is a delightful and refreshing dessert, perfect for hot summer days or as a palate cleanser between courses during a fancy dinner. It’s bursting with the tangy and zesty flavor of lemons, making it a crowd-pleaser. What’s more, it’s incredibly easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. In this blog post, we’ll share our favorite lemon sorbet recipe, complete with tips to make it perfectly every time.
Tips for Perfect Lemon Sorbet:
- Use fresh lemons for the best flavor. Avoid bottled lemon juice as it may contain preservatives.
- Adjust the sugar to your taste. If you prefer it less sweet, reduce the sugar slightly.
- Chilling the mixture before churning ensures a smoother texture.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can freeze the mixture in a shallow container, stirring it every 30 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.
How To Make Lemon Sorbet
Refreshing Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4-6 lemons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Zest of 2 lemons
- Pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Wash and zest the lemons using a fine grater or zester. Make sure to avoid the bitter white pith beneath the zest.
- Roll the lemons on a countertop to make them juicier. Cut them in half and juice them to get 1 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, simple syrup, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to ensure all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours to chill thoroughly. You want it to be very cold before churning.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. This usually takes about 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer the churned sorbet into an airtight container and place it in the freezer for an additional 2-3 hours to firm up.
- Scoop the lemon sorbet into bowls or glasses. Garnish with a twist of lemon zest or a fresh mint leaf if desired. Serve immediately and savor the refreshing taste.
Lemon sorbet is a simple yet elegant dessert that’s sure to brighten up any meal. Whether you enjoy it on its own, as a palate cleanser, or as a topping for other desserts, its vibrant citrus flavor will leave you craving more. Give this recipe a try and share its zesty goodness with family and friends.