Egg stuffed bell peppers are a delightful and nutritious dish that combines the flavors of colorful bell peppers and protein-rich eggs. This recipe is not only visually appealing but also packed with essential nutrients. It’s a perfect option for a wholesome breakfast or a satisfying lunch. In this blog post, we will share an easy-to-follow recipe for egg stuffed bell peppers, along with detailed nutrition information, prep and cooking time, and some tips to make it a success.
Tips to Make Egg Stuffed Bell Peppers Perfectly:
- Choose firm and fresh bell peppers to ensure a crispy texture.
- Customize the filling by adding other vegetables like spinach, corn, or zucchini.
- For a spicier kick, add some diced jalapenos or red pepper flakes to the filling.
- Experiment with different types of cheese to vary the flavor profile.
- To avoid overcooking the eggs, keep an eye on them towards the end of the baking time. The yolks should still be slightly runny for a creamy texture.
How To Make Stuffed Bell Peppers
Delicious and Healthy Egg Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- 4 bell peppers (any color you prefer)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse them well.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onions and mushrooms, and sauté until they become tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture evenly into the bell peppers, leaving some space at the top for the egg.
- Crack one egg into each bell pepper, taking care not to overflow. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of each egg-stuffed pepper.
- Place the stuffed bell peppers on the prepared baking dish and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Once done, remove the bell peppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, and serve hot.
Egg stuffed bell peppers are a fantastic dish that combines the goodness of eggs and vibrant bell peppers. This recipe is not only visually appealing but also nutritious and delicious. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast or lunch, these stuffed bell peppers will surely satisfy your taste buds while providing essential nutrients. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a flavorful and wholesome meal!