Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and with our Egg and Cheese Muffins recipe, you can start your morning right even when you’re short on time. These protein-packed, veggie-filled muffins are perfect for busy mornings or a tasty snack throughout the day. In this post, we will provide you with a simple and delicious Egg and Cheese Muffins recipe, detailed nutrition information, and tips on how to make these muffins your own.
Customizing Your Egg and Cheese Muffins:
- Change up the veggies: Add mushrooms, broccoli, or zucchini for a different flavor profile and added nutrients.
- Use your favorite cheese: Swap out the cheddar cheese for Swiss, mozzarella, or pepper jack to suit your taste buds.
- Add a kick: For a spicy twist, mix in some diced jalapeños or a dash of hot sauce to the egg mixture.
- Make it meaty: Add cooked and crumbled bacon, sausage, or ham for an extra protein boost.
- Go mini: Use a mini muffin tin to make bite-sized Egg and Cheese Muffins for a fun appetizer or snack.
How To Make Egg and Cheese Muffins
Egg and Cheese Muffins – A Grab-and-Go Breakfast Delight
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in cheese, bell peppers, onions, and spinach.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly divide the egg mixture among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the egg is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin. Serve warm.