Start your day with a hearty and satisfying breakfast by whipping up this Egg and Hash Browns Breakfast Skillet. It’s a one-pan wonder that combines crispy hash browns, fluffy scrambled eggs, savory sausage, and colorful bell peppers into a delicious morning meal. Whether you’re serving it for a family breakfast or a lazy weekend brunch, this skillet dish is sure to please. Plus, it’s quick to make, so you can enjoy a tasty breakfast without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Customize Your Skillet: Feel free to add other ingredients you love, such as diced tomatoes, mushrooms, or spinach.
- Cheese Variations: Experiment with different cheese varieties like Monterey Jack, Swiss, or feta to change up the flavor.
- Spice It Up: If you like a bit of heat, sprinkle some red pepper flakes or hot sauce on your servings.
How To Make Egg and Hash Browns Breakfast Skillet
Egg and Hash Browns Breakfast Skillet
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound frozen hash browns
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (a mix of red and green adds color)
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 6 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley or green onions for garnish (optional)
- Cook the Sausage:Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the breakfast sausage, breaking it into small pieces with a spatula as it cooks. Cook the sausage until it's browned and fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked sausage to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess grease. Set it aside.
- Cook the Hash Browns:In the same skillet, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Heat it over medium-high heat.Add the frozen hash browns to the skillet in an even layer. Cook them without stirring for a few minutes to allow them to crisp up on one side.Once the bottom side is golden and crispy, use a spatula to flip the hash browns. Continue cooking until the other side is also crispy and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add Veggies:Stir in the diced bell peppers and onions. Sauté them with the hash browns for about 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Scramble the Eggs:Create small wells or divots in the hash browns using your spatula. Crack the eggs into these wells.Season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still slightly runny, about 4-5 minutes for sunny-side-up eggs. If you prefer fully cooked yolks, cook them for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add Sausage and Cheese:Sprinkle the cooked breakfast sausage over the eggs.Top the skillet with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Finish in the Oven:Preheat your oven's broiler.Place the skillet under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness.
- Garnish and Serve:Remove the skillet from the oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley or green onions if desired.Serve hot, directly from the skillet. Enjoy!
This Egg and Hash Browns Breakfast Skillet is a crowd-pleaser that combines all your favorite breakfast elements into one easy and delicious dish. It’s perfect for busy mornings or leisurely weekend brunches. Enjoy!