There’s nothing quite like starting your day with a stack of fluffy, golden pancakes. This classic breakfast dish is a favorite for a reason – it’s easy to make, incredibly versatile, and utterly delicious. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the steps to create pancakes that are light, airy, and guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
Tips to make perfect fluffy pancakes
1. Don’t Overmix the Batter:
- Overmixing can lead to tough pancakes. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps; they will disappear during cooking.
2. Rest the Batter:
- Allow the pancake batter to rest for about 5-10 minutes before cooking. This gives the baking powder time to activate and results in lighter pancakes.
3. Use the Right Temperature:
- Preheat your griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. You’ll know it’s ready when a drop of water sizzles on the surface.
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes
Fluffy Pancakes: The Perfect Morning Indulgence
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and white sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and then add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined. It's okay if there are a few lumps; overmixing can make pancakes tough.
- Preheat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. You'll know it's ready when a drop of water sizzles on the surface.
- Lightly grease the griddle or skillet with a small amount of butter or cooking spray.
- For each pancake, ladle approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Use the back of a spoon to spread it into a circular shape if needed.
- Watch for bubbles to form on the surface of the pancakes. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the bubbles have formed and the edges appear set, flip the pancakes using a spatula. Cook the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and keep them warm. You can serve them immediately with your favorite toppings.
Fluffy pancakes are a timeless breakfast classic that can be customized to suit your taste. Whether you prefer them plain and simple with a drizzle of syrup or loaded with your favorite toppings, these pancakes are bound to become a breakfast staple in your home.
So, heat up that griddle, mix up some batter, and savor the joy of a homemade pancake breakfast that’s sure to brighten your mornings.