Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata is a delightful dish that combines the fresh flavors of spring with the creamy tanginess of goat cheese. This elegant frittata is perfect for a leisurely weekend brunch or a light and satisfying dinner. With its vibrant green asparagus spears and fluffy egg base, this frittata is not only delicious but also a feast for the eyes. In this post, we’ll share our mouthwatering Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata recipe, complete with nutrition information and step-by-step instructions.
Tips for Making the Perfect Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata:
- When choosing asparagus, look for firm, bright green spears with tightly closed tips. Avoid spears that are slimy or have a strong odor.
- To prepare the asparagus, snap off the woody ends by bending each spear until it breaks naturally. This will remove the tough, fibrous part of the stalk.
- Whisk the eggs thoroughly to incorporate air, which will help create a light and fluffy frittata.
- Cook the frittata over low to medium heat and avoid overcooking, as this can cause it to become dry and tough.
- Allow the frittata to rest for a few minutes after cooking to make it easier to slice and serve.
How To Make Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata
Savor the Flavors of Spring with an Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus in the skillet, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the edges begin to set.
- Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese and chopped basil evenly over the top of the frittata.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the frittata is set and lightly golden. Allow it to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
The Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata is a delightful dish that celebrates the fresh flavors of spring. With our simple recipe and helpful tips, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion. Enjoy this scrumptious frittata and savor the taste of springtime in every bite.