Tired of the same old scrambled eggs? It’s time to kick your breakfast up a notch with Egg Bhurji, a popular Indian dish featuring flavorful, spiced scrambled eggs. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for those who want to add a little excitement to their morning routine. In this post, we’ll share the recipe for Egg Bhurji, including detailed nutrition information, prep and cooking times, and tips to make it even more delicious.
Tips to Make Egg Bhurji Even Better:
- Adjust the spice level to your preference by adding more or less green chilies and red chili powder.
- Feel free to add in some chopped bell peppers or spinach for extra color, texture, and nutrition.
- For a creamier texture, whisk in a tablespoon of milk or cream to the eggs before pouring them into the skillet.
- Try serving your Egg Bhurji with a dollop of yogurt or a side of mango chutney for a delicious contrast of flavors.
How To Make Egg Bhurji
Spice Up Your Mornings with Egg Bhurji – Indian Spiced Scrambled Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- Start by cracking the eggs into a bowl and whisking them lightly with a fork. Set aside.
- Heat oil or butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook for about 30 seconds, or until they start to crackle and release their aroma.
- Add the chopped onion and green chilies, and cook until the onions become soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, and cook for another 3-4 minutes until they soften and release some of their juices.
- Sprinkle in the turmeric powder, red chili powder (if using), and garam masala. Stir well to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes, allowing the spices to meld with the onion and tomato mixture.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet, and season with salt to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are fully cooked and scrambled, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, and fold in the chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve your Egg Bhurji hot with toast, roti, or naan, and enjoy a flavorful, spiced-up breakfast!
Egg Bhurji is an incredibly tasty and satisfying dish that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even a light dinner. With its mix of aromatic spices and hearty eggs, this Indian-inspired recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. Give it a try, and let us know how you like it!