Egg and Cheese Soufflé is an elegant and delicious dish that combines the fluffy, airy texture of a soufflé with the savory flavors of cheese and eggs. It is often served for brunch or dinner and can be customized with a variety of cheeses and additional ingredients, such as vegetables or herbs. The dish makes for a sophisticated presentation, as it puffs up while baking, creating an impressive dome shape.
How To Make Egg and Cheese Soufflé
Egg and Cheese Soufflé – A Light and Fluffy Delight
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 11/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 11/2 cup shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 2-quart soufflé dish or casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk and cook until the mixture thickens, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Whisk in egg yolks one at a time until well combined.
- Stir in shredded cheese.In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the soufflé is puffed and golden brown.
The Egg and Cheese Soufflé is a delightful dish that showcases the versatility and elegance of eggs. With our easy-to-follow recipe you can create an impressive and delicious meal that will be sure to wow your guests. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to elevate your cooking skills with this exquisite Egg and Cheese Soufflé. Enjoy!